When: July 4th, 2:30 PM – 4:00 PM (CET)
On the 4th of July, 2017, 14h30 to 16h (CET), the nrg4SD, ORU Fogar and UNDP ART are jointly organizing the webinar “Delivering the SDGs at the subnational level: opportunities and best-practices for regional governments”. Several initiatives are being developed to support the implementation of the SDGs at the subnational level, and this webinar will further introduce the 2030 Agenda and some of the practices that regional governments are undertaking.
This first session will be hold in English only, and will showcase presentations from the government of Flanders and the Kenyan Council of Governors, to share their actions and challenges in implementing the SDGs in their territories. Therefore, the webinar is especially targeted at officers and technicians of regional governments engaged with the topic of sustainable development.
The key objectives of this webinar are to highlight:
- Opportunities and challenges for regional governments to engage and contribute to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development;
- Concrete cases of how regional governments consider and address the SDGs in their governments;
- The importance of collaboration, exchange and peer-review of these efforts in regional governments;
- The role of organizations as nrg4SD and ORU Fogar to support and assist members in the efforts towards the implementation, follow-up and review of the SDGs;
- Strategic alignment at the subnational level of the Agenda 2030 with the New Urban Agenda and other documents for sustainable development in order to generate synergy and catalyze the achievement of SDGs;
- Multi-stakeholder and multilevel partnerships in terms of subnational actors and collaboration with national and local governments;
- A process to collect experiences and case-studies to be used as a reference publication for other governments and interested international actors on efforts of regional governments.
The webinar is also an activity for regional governments on the run-up to the meeting of the UN High-level Political Forum.